Shmup Development (using XNA and C#)

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The real game has begun

I have finally come to a point where I can begin develop the real game, not just my shmup engine/framework.

I can now:

  • Jump between gamestates (ex. startmenu, playing game, settings etc.).
  • Create different enemies and bullet patterns with my configuration XML format, load them into a stage and play it through.
  • Easily add new behaviors to enemies, bullets and players.
  • Control player with both keyboard and mouse (soon also Xbox 360 controller).
  • I'm almost finished figuring out all of the gameplay.

I'm looking forward to see what can be done with my shmup engine/framework. I have been working so hard with the functionality, now it's time to get creative!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home