Shmup Development (using XNA and C#)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Waiting for the content pipeline

There is a very important component missing in the current beta of XNA, the content pipeline. This is the one that loads 3D models and I really need this to further develop my game. Lucky for me the beta 2 of XNA should be released "in a couple of weeks" (they say). It includes the content pipeline and I hope they have fixed the most important bugs.

It will be lots of fun to try it out, I need to know how many enemies/bullets can be onscreen at once. After the beta 2 has been released I will create a small playable demo which will show various bullet patterns and enemy pathways. Then I will be able to see what my little shmup engine is capable of. I don't think there will be any serious graphics at that point, I guess I'll have to borrow some 3D models that others have created.

Just waiting right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home